Monday 20 February 2012

Track Add-ons - Start/Finish Points

In true Blue Peter style I made use of some toilet rolls to build a prototype chute for the game's finish line. I also quickly cut out a large gold ring so - in keeping with the original Sonic the Hedgehog game - players have to 'jump' up and go through to hoop to finish the level. It's currently still only in a raw state so not very aesthetically pleasing, but at least people can hopefully associate it more easily with the original digital game even this early on.


The other component I have in the game at my disposal is the 'lollipop checkpoint'. I will use something like this to denote where the player can re-start from if the ball ever accidentally flies off the track. For the time being, I will also use this object to mark the lap starting point. It is only attached by cellotape so I can re-position the checkpoint wherever I like.


No comments:

Post a Comment