Thursday 16 February 2012

In Retrospect

When I returned to the games lab later that afternoon (feeling a little out of breath from all the earlier huffing and puffing), I was telling one of my classmates - Dan - how I'd been getting on and mentioned about how tiring and impractical it was to play. I was stating I'd need a square table, allowing players to run around the track more easily (as we'd been using a rectangular one previously). He immediately wanted to see it in action and give it a go himself. So I set the track up again but this time, on a small square table. Just for fun and something new to try, I added a few random bits and pieces I'd previously rummaged out of the interior design classroom bins...



Then an idea came from out of the blue...

Did we need to use straws or could there be another way of moving sonic that did not require bending down so closely to the surface in order to get decent forward momentum and control of the ball?

I immediately grabbed a piece of long card and began to flap it rapidly behind the ball in an up-down motion. It produced the effect I wanted and with much less physical contorting involved. This has opened up many more possibilities using different equipment to 'power' the ball in future iterations.

No comments:

Post a Comment