Saturday 10 March 2012

Concept Sketches and Notes V0.3

I tried to consider various circuit designs where I could incorporate my rail idea but it wasn't working out - neither in my head or on paper. I just couldn't get around the fact that I knew an opponent would end up interfering (intentionally or not) with any player ball that was attempting to traverse it. I felt that this would by criticised by my playtester's and rejected as unfair. Since I couldn't decide on a solution to this potential problem I abandoned it. Time was short and I wanted to get my final prototype into production ASAP.
After deliberating for the rest of the evening I returned to one of my original sketches and realised it had everything it needed, so why was I over-complicating the matter? I carefully re-drafted my earlier track concept (to help me think on how easy/feasible it would be to build as I did so) and locked it down as 'FINAL' ... well, subject to change only after all components were complete and playtested is what I mean!



No comments:

Post a Comment